Mission and Purpose of Bethel Orphanage
Bethel Orphanage is a charitable organization among Christian charities caring for orphans. AIDS in Africa has increased the burdens of child charity organizations like Bethel Orphanage that help children orphaned from poor families. Orphanages have a challenge of keeping up with the growing numbers of orphans.
Your charitable donations sponsor orphan children at Bethel Orphanage. Orphanage volunteers are most welcome with their donation of time and talents. The Orphanage currently supports over 100 children, in Kafue, Zambia. Most of the children are AIDS victims that lost their parents from the AIDS epidemic.
Poverty, disease, AIDS, war and famine are contributing to the increasing growth of orphaned children. HIV/AIDS is the fastest growing cause. Estimates of orphans are alarming. In a joint study titled Children on the Brink 2002 by UNICEF, UNAIDS and USAID the worldwide orphan population under age 15 is projected to reach 106 million by 2010. 25 million of the 106 million will be orphaned due to HIV/AIDS. The increase in orphans is resulting in an enormous global child-care crisis.
This burden requires sustained action at all levels from world governments, regional, national and local institutions and individuals. Bethel was born in response to this growing need in Zambia, one of the hardest hit nations. The UNAIDS estimates 22 percent of adults in Zambia are infected with AIDS, thus creating an enormous orphanage increase.
The number of orphans resulting from the AIDS pandemic rose from 405,000 in 1990 to 874,000 by 2001. It is projected to reach 1,042,000 by 2005 and 1,083 000 by 2010 (Children on the Brink 2002, "Orphan Estimates"). It's in this background that Bethel was established officially on 16th April, 2001, to provide a family environment where material support, love, security and dedicated guidance is offered to such poor children.
Please join us in this labor of love, compassion and action. This is the purest expression of the Judeo-Christian religion: “Pure and undefiled religion is to care for orphans and widows in their distress,” James 1:27.
Mission and Purpose
The mission of Bethel Orphanage is to serve the needs of poor orphaned children and to equip them with the skills, knowledge, opportunity and self assertiveness required for them to live independently in society as opposed to poor children entering adulthood surviving on hand outs. The essential needs include nutrition, education, parental love, security, religious guidance, and opportunity for a brighter future.
The entire Bethel Orphanage ministry strives to provide real hopes, dreams and plans for the future of the poor children. Bethel Orphanage is intended to serve as a modest Home Care Center offering parental support that the children lost through unfortunate circumstances. Bethel in Hebrew means "the House of God." The mission of Bethel Orphanage is to confront the growing orphanage crisis by establishing orphanage homes that the children would call “Houses of God” (Bethels) where they receive a parental and godly upbringing.
Bethel Orphanage currently supports just over 100 children in Kafue, Zambia. Together we are the doors of hope for the poor orphaned children and their communities. May God bless you and minister to your needs as you meet the needs of those in distress.
Bethel Orphanage has the following objectives in fulfilling its mission:
1. Provision of basic needs of shelter, food, security and health care for the children,
2. Facilitating nursery, primary (junior school) and secondary (high school) education for the children,
3. Providing skills in home economics, woodwork and agricultural skills for the personal development of the children and other disadvantaged people,
4. Provision of educational, recreational and other social resources,
5. To foster and facilitate spiritual growth.
Areas required to make each established Home self sustained include the following:
1. Construction of a dormitory and kitchen for children to reside in,
2. Pre-School construction for children, also open to the public at a fee which would assist meet operational costs,
3. Private clinic and home nursing care,
4. Tailoring & Design Facilities,
5. Carpentry Workshop,
6. Ongoing sponsorship of children to primary (junior school) and secondary (high school) education,
7. Provision of educational, religious, recreational and other social resources,
8. Purchase of farm size land for serving nutrition and residential needs
1. Mission and Purpose of Bethel Orphanage
2. Bethel Orphanage Statement of Faith
3. Bethel Orphanage Community
4. Contact Bethel Orphanage
5. Support Bethel Orphanage
6. Bethel’s Online Resources
7. Online Photo Album Contributors
8. Bethel Orphanage Web-Publisher’s Note